Celebration Charters offer Sailing Holidays from Corfu
Icarus Under Sail
Celebration Charters are unique in offering a selection of exclusive and different styled charters. Whatever charter you decide to choose you can be rest assured you will be sailing aboard a beautiful 50ft Beneteau Oceanis Yacht with Skipper and Crew/Hostess. Whether it’s your Honeymoon, Anniversary, Special Birthday or even one to tick off your Bucket List, a Sailing Holiday, aboard Icarus, around Corfu and the Ionian Sea is sure to be the Holiday of a Lifetime. We can be flexible on the number of days you require.
Celebration Charters is a sailing holiday yachting company based on Corfu, at Gouvia Marina. We offer Skippered Sailing Holidays with your own Hostess and offer a unique inclusive package (see below). When you board our yacht, you are embarking on a Sailing Holiday adventure of a lifetime. Whether your plans include a Wedding on Corfu, desire a romantic getaway or simply a relaxing sailing holiday exploring the beautiful islands of the Greek Ionian Islands, we will work hard to ensure that you have an unforgettable celebration and sailing holiday.
Our speciality is that we offer a fully crewed yacht with a very competitive inclusive package, these may or may not have been your initial requirements but are very good reasons why you may choose to book with us. You are also guaranteed when booking with us, the yacht you will be on, and who the Skipper & Hostess are.
If you’ve always dreamed of cruising on a Yacht in the sun, we offer a personal, discreet and friendly service, our charters allow you to sail in comfort and style and make your dream a reality. Come and join us on Icarus, our aim is to ensure you have a wonderful and memorable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard where we will treat you to the famous Scottish hospitality and guide you through the water wonderland of the Greek Ionian Islands.
What's included in our unique Sailing Holidays
Pre Dinner Drinks
- Robert, your Commercially Endorsed RYA Qualified Skipper
- Veronica, your crew member/hostess
- Breakfast includes a selection of continental style options, a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, fresh bread or pastries served with tea/coffee & fruit juice & will be served every day (excluding day of departure)
- Lunch package (served on 4 days throughout your week) includes a light lunch for example, Greek salad; chicken; pasta; freshly prepared open sandwiches and served with wine, beer or soft drink
- Water and soft drinks throughout the day. If you wish to enjoy other alcoholic spirits i.e. Gin/Vodka please feel free to bring these aboard.
- The Forecabin and Starboard Aft Cabin are allocated to Guests and the Port Aft Cabin is for the Skipper and Hostess. If there is a 5th additional family member (child) they will sleep on the large sofa in the saloon.
- Bed Linen (one set per week) One Bath Towel, Hand Towel and Beach Towel per person
- Dinghy and Outboard with Skipper only
- Mooring Fees, Harbour taxes and State Tax & VAT
- Water & Gas
What’s Not Included
- Diesel & Outboard fuel – at the end of the charter you will be required to replace the fuel you have used.
- Crew Gratuity – Gratuity is customary in the charter industry. As a guideline only, we would suggest approximately 5-15% of the charter fee for good service but this amount of course is at your personal discretion.
- Bar Beverages – we supply as part of your package Wine/Beer with Lunch, if you prefer other alcoholic drinks ie. Gin, Vodka, Rum etc there is a Cava Shop within a few minutes of the Marina.
- Security Damage Waiver Fee – an amount of £500 will be required either to be included with final payment of your holiday or on your arrival – if no damage is incurred then this will be refunded at the end of your charter.
- Airport transfers are by taxi from Corfu airport – Gouvia Marina cost approx. 25 euros.
A typical Day on your Sailing Holiday
Clients enjoy taking the helm
A typical day aboard Icarus starts with a relaxing breakfast in the cockpit. You may then wish to stroll around the harbour or town in which you are moored before we set sail.
En-route we will usually stop to have lunch al fresco, prepared by your Hostess, anchored in a secluded bay, you can swim, explore the caves, snorkel or simply top up your tan.
We will lift the anchor and then you can either choose to get involved, take the helm and participate in all aspects of sailing Icarus….. or just head up to our luxury sunbathing cushions on the bow, take in the sights and enjoy relaxing in the sun as we head to our next stunning unspoilt destination.
We will moor up typically in a traditional harbour or quayside, where you can walk and explore these quaint villages, experience the wonderful Greek lifestyle, Greek cuisine and the famous Greek dancing in the local tavernas and restaurants.
A sailing holiday aboard Icarus is an Island hoppers dream, a new experience every day.